IELTS Speaking Part 1: Common Topic in IELTS Exam | Topic 16: Clothes
1. What clothes do you usually like to wear?
2. Do/did you wear the same clothes at school and at home?
3. Will you change your clothes when you go home today?
4. Did you have any special clothes to wear when you were a child?
5. Did you like them?
IELTS Speaking Tips
- How to Extend your answer in IELTS Speaking Part 1
- How to Get High Score in IELTS Speaking (BAND 9)
- How to prepare for IELTS Speaking Part 1
Well, actually I don’t have any instinct for fashion and my look says I’m a laid back kind of guy. So I usually wear casual clothes. I’m most comfortable wearing jeans, a T-shirt and my flip-flops.
Oh, definitely not. I always wore a school uniform which was a blue jacket with a white shirt. They were very simple and boring. So when I reached home, I tended to put on my favorite outfits.
Oh, yes. Formal clothes really make me nervous so when I go home, I take them off and change into my sweatshirts.
Yes, when I was a child, I needed to wear a uniform at school from primary school all the way to the very last year of high school; it is a tradition in China, so I believe my parents had to follow this tradition too.
No, I really couldn’t stand the school uniform because the clothes were a bit too old- fashioned; in addition, sometimes I was reluctant to wear them because they were too large. I don’t know why they couldn’t be a bit more trendy and colorful like the ones in other countries, like Japan and Australia.