Get Ready for IELTS Listening (Pdf Book + Audio)
A lower-level exam practice book designed to improve the level of students who plan to take the IELTS test in the future.
Collins Get Ready for IELTS Listening is the perfect book for lower level learners who want to develop the necessary skills to perform effectively on the IELTS Listening test. Perfect for self-study, the series follows a guided-learning approach that gives students access to a full answer key with model answers. Developed by experienced IELTS tutors, the series takes into account the specific language needs of learners at this level.
Twelve units of carefully graded material for lower level students, all supported with clear examples
- Key IELTS grammar and vocabulary for the IELTS Listening test provided in each unit
- Regular exam tips and information in each unit * 'Watch out!' sections that highlight common errors made by learners in the IELTS Listening test
- Four review units to check and consolidate understanding of key language and skills for the IELTS Listening test
- Complete IELTS Listening practice test, answer keys, audioscripts and audio CD provided
- Vocabulary glossary for each unit provided at the back of the book CEF level: A2-B1 Ideal for learners with band score 3-4 who want to achieve a higher score. ALSO AVAILABLE in the Collins Get Ready for IELTS series: Get Ready for IELTS Reading Get Ready for IELTS Writing Get Ready for IELTS Speaking Through IELTS-style tasks and exercises, Collins Get Ready for IELTS Listening helps learners gain confidence in core listening competencies for IELTS.
Rhona Snelling is a freelance ELT writer and editor, with extensive experience of teaching exam courses in private language schools and universities in the UK and overseas. She has a Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics from the University of Oxford
‘Reading for IELTS contains twelve units and covers the type of questions included in the exam. The choice of topic area is particularly relevant for those doing the Academic Module: cultural differences and education, for example.’
This book will help you to recognize and understand differences in pronunciation and vocabulary. It includes a CD covering a number of business topics, spoken by both native and non-native speakers of English.