Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary with CD-ROM
A fully updated edition of the best-selling Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary. This paperback edition is ideal for advanced (C1-C2) learners of English and contains up-to-date vocabulary, including words from the areas of technology, media, language, society, and lifestyle, plus important words for academic study.
With over 140,000 words, phrases, meanings, and examples, hundreds of pictures and illustrations, clear definitions and a new ‘Focus on Writing’ section, the dictionary is perfect as a reference tool and as a study companion.
Informed by the Cambridge International Corpus and correlated to English Vocabulary Profile, it is also ideal for exam preparation. The CD-ROM contains the complete dictionary and recordings in British and American English.
- Fully updated with 1,500 new words and phrases, including words from the areas of technology, media, language, society, and lifestyle; important words for academic study; important additional words and phrases from American, Indian, Australian and South African English.
- Vocabulary is correlated with the English Vocabulary Profile at sense level, showing which words students know at different levels, and allowing users to prioritize their vocabulary study.
- Learner error information shows the most common errors made by learners of English, helping learners to avoid mistakes before they make them.
- 32-page Focus on Writing section, dealing with all essential aspects of academic, formal, and informal writing.
- The CD-ROM includes the complete dictionary and recordings in British and American English. Learners can also record their own pronunciation and compare it with the model, use the QUICK find feature to look up words and hear their pronunciation when using Word or a web browser, and access interactive exercises which include real past papers from IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE and BEC examinations.
Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary
It is one of the best dictionaries for learners that I have seen
The best one!
There are several good Dictionaries, but this is the best one!
Excellent! The true dictionary to everyone English learners. Sound and writing! Here You can understand the correct pronunciation of American and British English.
It's a great dictionary. This version doesn't have an Idiom finder
It's a great dictionary. This version doesn't have an Idiom finder, but now has a good "English Vocabulary Profile" and "Focus on Writing Section".