IELTS Speaking Part 1: Common Topic in Exam | Topic 3: Hometown
1. What’s (the name of) your hometown (again)?
2. Is that a big city or a small town?
3. Please describe your hometown a little.
4. How long have you been living there?
5. Do you like your hometown?
6. Do you like living there?
7. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
8. Is there anything you dislike about it?
9. Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
Well, my hometown is the city of Nanjing, which is a big modern city with an ancient history -its a pretty nice place to live. The weather here is quite pleasant all year round, in winter the temperatures are quite mild but in summer it can be hot and humid
Although Nanjing has been developing quite a lot recently and expanding every year, it is still a traditional Chinese City with a long history of which it is rightly proud.
I think that as a tourist destination, it should preserve its own characteristics to attract tourists. In addition, the food here is excellent. You can taste a lot of local snacks that cannot be tasted elsewhere. In sum, I believe my hometown is definitely worth a visit.
I was born and raised there so I have lived there for about 19 years.
Well, my hometown, Nanjing has a big reputation because of its long history as the capital of China. Also for events such as the Nanjing massacre during the 1940s.