IELTS Speaking Part 1: Common Topic in Exam | Topic 4: Accommodation
1. What kind of housing/accommodation do you live in?
2. Do you live in a house or a flat?
3. Who do you live with?
4. How long have you lived there?
5. Do you plan to live there for a long time?
6. (If you answer you haven’t lived there long) What’s the difference
between where you are living now and where you have lived in the past?
7. Can you describe the place where you live?
8. Which room does your family spend most of the time in?
9. What do you usually do in your house/flat/room?
10. Are the transport facilities to your home very good?
11. Do you prefer living in a house or a flat?
12. Please describe the room you live in?
13. What part of your home do you like the most?
We live in a pretty spacious apartment in Nanjing. I live on the 8th floor of a highrise, and its size about 120 square meters. It is a fairly nice place. Our apartment has six rooms – one living room, one kitchen, two bathrooms, and another two bedrooms. All of them are well decorated and furnished. There is a big bookshelf beside my brother’s room so that my brother can easily get books to read. In addition, we have a big balcony outside so that we can enjoy eating dinner and having tea there.
My family spends most of their time in the living room. We like to sit around on a set of comfortable sofas there and chat with each other or watch TV. But when I am free, I prefer to read alone in my room.
I live with my mum and dad and my brother. Our apartment is pretty big so there is enough space for everyone. We bought the apartment four years ago. And my brother is in the school near my home, so we won’t intend to move in the future.
We sometimes go out by car because it is not convenient to take a taxi in that area, and it takes nearly 30 minutes to walk to the nearest subway station. So generally speaking, it is not good to go out without a car.